We value the privacy of our customers. This privacy statement outlines the information handling procedures that C41.ch Sagl, doing business as “C41” (“we,” “us“) follow with respect to the information that you (“you,” “your“) submit when using the website located at www.c41.ch (“Website“) or contacting us in any other way regarding our services.
By using the Website, communicating with us about our services, or accessing the Website in any other way, you accept and consent to the practices described in this privacy statement. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the principles of accuracy, lawfulness, transparency, purpose limitation, minimization, accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality, as well as the accountability principle.
As a result, all applicable laws and confidentiality agreements will be followed when handling your personal information. We wish to inform you that depending on the type of services requested, the personal data processed may be derived from textual information, images, or any other information suitable to make the individual identified or identifiable. This determination will also depend on your choices regarding how to use the services.
Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, address, phone number, and email address) (“Personal Information”) in the following circumstances:
- Information about navigation: The computer systems and software programs used to run the website gather some personal data during normal operation; this data is implicitly transmitted when using Internet communication protocols. This information isn’t gathered to be linked to specific individuals, and we won’t make any effort to link the website visitors’ IP addresses to the data stored in our server protocols. However, due to the nature of such data, user identification may be possible through processing and merging with data held by third parties. This category of data, for instance, contains the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) sequences of the requested resources, IP addresses or domain names of the computer’s users use to access the Website, the time of
- The data you give us: when you sign contracts with us, ask questions about the services we provide, buy our services, or get in touch with us in any other way to learn more about us or our services. The data mentioned above in this paragraph may be regarded as personal information under applicable data protection laws in some countries, including those in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Information from other sources: While providing services to you, we occasionally receive information from third parties (including in the processing of payments.)
- Third party data provided voluntarily by you: When using the services, third parties who have received your personal information from us may process it. In this way, you grant us the broadest indemnity regarding any claim, request for compensation for damages resulting from treatment, or other communication from a third party, whose personal information has been processed as a result of your use of the website’s services in violation of the law. In any case, you represent and warrant that the provision of or other handling of personal data of third parties in connection with the use of the Website is based on your prior acquisition, on your part, of the third party’s consent to the processing of information pertaining to him.
The Data and Information you Upload to C41 Services
Data can be uploaded and transmitted to virtual drives (“Virtual Drive Data”) by users of C41 services for storage and use in connection with our services. All Virtual Drive Data that is uploaded to a C41 cloud location is safely kept on our servers in a dedicated rack. We will never examine your stored data unless you explicitly authorize us to do so. Instead, we will only gauge the volume of your transmitted data for billing purposes or examine your transmitted data to investigate possible breaches of our Acceptable Use Policy. Unless we are required to do so by a court or administrative order, we will never disclose your information to a third party (see below).
Purpose of the Treatment
Your personal data will be processed, where necessary with your consent, for the following purposes:
- reply to your questions and send you updates about our services.
- handle service requests and provide you with those services.
- handle payments.
- talk to you about the cloud and our services, including any special offers.
- maintain any account information you may have with us and update our records.
- allow third parties to perform technical, logistical, or other tasks on our behalf.
- prevent or detect fraud or misuse of our website.
Your data will be processed using appropriate tools, to the extent that is reasonable and in line with current best practices, to ensure security and confidentiality using appropriate procedures that minimize the risk of loss, unauthorized access, illicit use, and dissemination. This includes manual, computerized, and telematic tools as well as automated methods designed to store, manage, and transmit your data. The information is kept in electronic, computerized, and – to some extent – paper archives, all under the strict assurance of the legislatively mandated security measures. To avoid unauthorized access, unauthorized use, and data breach, specific security precautions are taken.
Information Gathering by Third-Party Websites
Links on our website may lead to other websites with information practices that differ from ours. Since we have no control over the information that is submitted to or collected by those third-party websites, you should review their privacy policies.
At the file system level, you shall maintain full, exclusive root and administrative access to your data. We do not have access to, visibility into, or ability to drive data from cloud servers. Drive deletion, scheduled deletion of drives (for deprecated accounts), drive cloning, and other data operations are all handled automatically by our system for all your data. Without your express permission, we may not make any additional copies of your drive data either internally or externally from the cloud location. Unless specifically requested otherwise by you, the only copy of the client drive data is stored in the location of our cloud that the client selects. We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect from you.
Please be aware that emails you send to us are sent in unencrypted free format text. Therefore, kindly refrain from emailing any sensitive data such as account passwords or credit card numbers.
For a website to remember who you are, it transfers a text-only string of information known as a cookie to your browser’s cookie file on the hard drive of your computer. The typical contents of a cookie include the domain name from which it originated, its “lifetime,” and a value, which is typically a special number generated at random.
We send you a cookie whenever you visit our website.
The following are some uses for cookies:
- Enabling our website’s personalization features (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages, save language preference data, and see information which you have input online).
- To give us the ability to keep you logged in and permitted to use our services for a while.
- To compile aggregated, anonymous data that will help us better understand how users interact with our website and how to make it more user-friendly.
This prevents us from being able to identify you specifically.
On this website, session cookies and persistent cookies, which last much longer in your browser’s cookie file than session cookies and are temporary cookies that stay there until you leave the site, may both be used (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Enabling & Disabling Cookies
Change the setting in your browser to accept or reject cookies. Please be aware that not all features of our website or C41services may be usable if you disable cookies.
When required to do so by a court or administrative order with the proper jurisdiction, we share your Personal Information and Virtual Drive Data with law enforcement organizations.
Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you live in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
You can access, update, or request deletion of your personal data at any time by sending an email to [email protected], whether the agreement is still in effect or not. We will handle the request in accordance with the law and, to the extent practical, in a reasonable manner by following our standard operating procedures.
You can also ask us to stop using your personal data, ask us to limit how we can use it, or ask for your personal data to be transferred to another party.
Again, you can exercise these rights by sending an email to [email protected]. You have the option to always opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. By selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the promotional emails we send you, you can exercise this right.
To opt-out of other marketing strategies, please contact us by email at [email protected]. In a similar manner, if we collected and processed any of your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent whenever you like. Withdrawing your consent will not have any impact on any processing we did prior to it, nor will it have any impact on processing your personal information based on legal justifications other than consent.
Regarding the way we collect and use your Personal Data, you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
For more information, please get in touch with your local data protection authority.
We will remove all Personal Data from our systems within forty-five (45) days of the Agreement’s termination, and upon request, we’ll give you a certificate proving it. This clause does not apply to Customer Data stored on Hosting types or Backup options with longer retention periods, for which we may continue to keep Customer Data after the expiration or termination of the Agreement for a period equal to the Hosting type or Backup option’s retention period plus forty-five (45) days. If you request that your customer data, be deleted before the end of the extended storage period, we will do so without undue delay and at your expense, unless the applicable law forbids it.
In accordance with the relevant data protection laws, we respond to every request we get from people looking to exercise their rights to data protection.